Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion, red, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 broccoli, cut in florets, cooked
- 1/6 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the couscous al dente.
- In the meantime, mix the ground chicken with the egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Knead and shape into burgers.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side over medium heat, until completely cooked through.
- Serve the burgers hot with a side of quinoa and broccoli, drizzled with extra olive oil.
If you can’t find ground chicken substitute with turkey or use boneless skinless chicken breast and process in a blender or food processor.