Zucchini Feta Casserole
Do you love hearty casseroles but are looking for a lighter option that won't sacrifice flavor or satisfaction? We've got an amazing solution: Zucchini Feta Casserole! This delicious dish is packed full of vegetables and flavorful spices, so you're sure to get your fill without feeling weighed down by heavy ingredients. Plus, the feta cheese lends it a delightful zesty flare - making this a truly special meal. Come give our Zucchini Feta Casserole a try and taste what all the fuss is about!
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease a baking dish with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Place the zucchini slices in a strainer and season with salt. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients to help extract any unwanted liquids.
3. Roughly slice the onions and heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes, then mince and add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute until fragrant and pour in the sour cream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the feta and mozzarella cheese. Stir to melt into a sauce.
- 4. Pat the zucchini slices dry with a piece of absorbent paper.
- 5. Lay the zucchini slices into the prepared baking dish. Pour in the sauce and spread evenly.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Serve hot, straight from the oven.