Roasted Tomato Chipotle Soup
- 3 oz tomatoes, ripe, chopped
- 1 onion, red, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bell pepper, red, chopped
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo,chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat the bottom of a baking sheet with olive oil.
- 2. Arrange the tomatoes and redbellpepper cut side down on the sheet. Place the garliccloves with the skin on and onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 40 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the oven and discard the garlic and pepper skin.
- 4. Transfer the roasted tomatoes, onions, garlic, roastedpeppers, and chipotle into a food processor or blender. Add any of the tomatoliquid that may be left in the baking pan, and process until smooth.
- 5. Transfer in a saucepan, add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Season to taste and serve hot with bread.