Roasted Cherry and Tahini Buttermilk Shake
- 1 lbcherries pitted
- 3 tbs raw sugar
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbs tahini
- 4 tbsolive oil
- 1/6 tsp salt
- Optional: toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Mix the cherries with the sugar and a pinch of salt on a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and roast tossing halfway through, for about 20–25 minutes.
- 2. Let the cherries reach room temperature and place half of them in a blender. Add the banana, buttermilk, tahini, and 1 cup ice and process until creamy.
- 3. Smash the remaining cherries with a fork, reserving a couple to garnish.
- 4. Pour the shakes into serving glasses, garnish with cherries and sesameseeds and serve cold.