Red Lentil And Chards Stew
Looking for a delicious plant-based meal that's easy to make and packed with nutritional goodness? Look no further than this hearty red lentil and chard stew! Perfect for weeknight dinners, cozy lunches, or as part of your meal planning rotation - this stew is sure to become a family favorite. Packed with earthy sweet flavors from the lentils and seasonal greens, this soupy creation will warm you up on even the coldest winter days. Serve over quinoa or rice, top it off with some slices of avocado, and enjoy!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion, red, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika, mild
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions with the chards for 5 minutes seasoning with salt, pepper, paprika and cumin.
- 2. Add the garlic and stir. Add the lentils, mix well and gradually add the tomatosauce and the coconutmilk. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are cooked through adding a bit of water if needed.
- 3. Adjust the seasoning and serve hot with bread.
Products used in this Recipe: