Greek Salad (Choriatiki) with Roasted Chickpeas
Are you looking for a deliciously simple, yet utterly satisfying meal to make? Look no further than Greek Salad (Choriatiki) with Roasted Chickpeas! With the bright and flavorful ingredients of classic Greek salads combined with protein-packed roasted chickpeas, this dish is sure to become your favorite go-to recipe. Not only will it provide a tasty nutritional boost at lunch or dinner time, but it is also incredibly easy to make! All you need are common pantry items such as feta cheese, cucumbers and olives - plus whatever fresh vegetables you like. And don’t forget the roasted chickpeas for extra crunch and flavor! Keep reading to learn more about this fast and delicious Mediterranean classic.
- 2 tomatoes, large, ripe, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned
- 1 cucumber, small, sliced
- 1/2 onion, red, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
4+3tbs olive oil
1/4tsp sea salt
- Optional: parsley to garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet, coat with 4 tbs olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 10 minutes, tossing half at through to cook evenly.
3. Mix the tomatoes with the cucumbers, chickpeas and onions. Top with feta cheese, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and serve at room temperature.
Products used in this Recipe: