Crispy Olive Oil-Spinach Crackers
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2cups spinach, fresh
- 1/2 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tspgarlic powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tspblack pepper
- 1⁄4tsp salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour with the baking powder, flaxseed, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- 3. Take 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat in a non-stick pan. Sauté the spinach for 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Place the spinach, the flour mixture, the remaining olive oil, and the egg in a blender or food processor and process to get a crumbly dough.
- 5. Wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- 6. With a rolling pin or a tall glass roll out the dough on the parchment paper. Cut into squares with a knife and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- 7. Allow to reach room temperature and serve with your favorite dip or cheese