Cream of Feta Soup
Do you love the taste of feta cheese? Then you will adore this creamy, dreamy feta soup! We've taken all the delicious flavors of our cheeses and combined them with herbs and spices to create a flavor experience like no other. Not only is this soup packed full of flavor, it's also remarkably easy to make – just put everything in a pot and let it simmer away on the stovetop until there are none left but empty bowls. Perfect for chilly fall days or anytime comfort food cravings come knocking at your door!
- 2 potatoes, small, diced
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 onion, yellow, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp olive oil + extra to garnish
1 tsp black pepper
2-4 tbsp fresh green, seasonal herbs
Optional to garnish:
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the potatoes with the onions for 10 minutes, seasoning with pepper. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to soften for a minute.
2. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes, over high heat. Add the broth and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the feta cheese.
3. Puree the soup with a stick blender, fold in the yogurt and remove from the heat.
4. Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh herbs and a swirl of olive oil.
Products used in this Recipe: