Chicken and Pasta Salad with Nut Vinaigrette
Nothing says summer quite like a light and flavorful chicken and pasta salad! Whenever I'm looking for an easy-to-make meal that's sure to please, this is my go-to recipe. With juicy chicken, al dente pasta, crunchy vegetables, and a creamy nut vinaigrette, it packs in all the traditional flavors of summer into one delicious dish. And with just 20 minutes of prep time before you can sit down to enjoy your meal - who could ask for more? If you're ready for some tasty goodness bursting with flavor (and zero extra fuss), keep scrolling - let's get cooking!
- 3 oz chicken breast, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/6 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juice
1/2 tsp salt
For the nut vinaigrette:
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente.
2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the chicken fillets for 3 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and add the chickpeas to the same pan to toast for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat,toss the pasta in. Mix well.
5. Make the vinaigrette by combining the walnuts with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a blender.
- 6. Serve the salad hot, drizzled with the nut vinaigrette.
Products used in this Recipe: