Beetroot Risotto With Peas And Turmeric Olive Oil
- 1 cup rice, arborio
- 1 cup peas
- 3/4 cup beetroots, cooked, chopped
- 1/3 cup beets, cooked, pureed in a blender
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 onion, red, medium, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper, black
- For the turmeric oil:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion seasoning with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- 2. Add the peas, rice and beets. Stir well and add the wine. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then add the broth, one ladle at a time, until the rice is cooked through.
- 3. Remove from the heat and fold in the parmesan. Let the flavors combine while you make the turmeric oil.