Recipe-362-Alevropita - Greek Olive Oil Feta Pie
Delight your taste buds with the flavors of Greece! Alevropita is a traditional Greek olive oil feta pie that will have you licking your fingers and wanting more. This delectable dish has a flaky pastry base covered in aromatic herbs, salty feta cheese, and then smothered in a tasty olive oil sauce to give it its unique flavor. One bite of this mouth-watering masterpiece will surely transport you straight to the beautiful beaches of Greece! So don't miss out on this amazing treat and treat yourself to some delicious Alevropita today!
Preheat oven to 390˚F and grease a 35-40 cm pan with a little olive oil.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes, until hot and sizzling.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the hot pan and spread evenly.
- Top with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Mix the remaining egg and water into the remaining batter.
- Pour evenly on top of the feta.
Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, rotating halfway through. Slice into squares and serve warm.