Recipe-338-Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
Are you looking for a warm, comforting soup to enjoy this winter? Delicious soups such as Greek lemon chicken soup offer all the satisfaction of homemade cooking plus an added bit of cultural flair. If you're in the mood for something special that doesn't take hours at the stove, then look no further than snow-day favorite: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup! Our savory recipe brings together layers of herbs and flavorful ingredients to make a dish your whole family will love. Discover why this traditional Mediterranean staple is more popular than ever with our easy-to-follow recipe!
- 1/2 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 eggs, yolk only
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 onion, yellow
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Grate the broccoli with a cheese grater to make broccoli rice. Set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic. Dice the chicken.
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the chicken with the onions for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli, the rice and minced garlic and cook for another minute to combine the flavors. Gradually add the broth to deglaze the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, adding broth or water as needed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Be mindful with the salt as the broth might be salty enough on its own.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice.
- Remove the soup from the heat and while still hot stir in the egg yolk mixture, whisking gently to incorporate to the soup. Serve hot, topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Products used in this Recipe: