Recipe-314-Blood Orange, Honey, Olive Oil Granola
Welcome fellow granola lovers and snack enthusiasts! Are you looking for an irresistibly crunchy and healthy breakfast or midday favorite? Look no further, because today I'm introducing a delectable Blood Orange, Honey, Olive Oil Granola recipe that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Imagine the sweetness of honey combined with the slight tart flavor of blood oranges and then nestled on top of a bed of oats and nuts - all lightly glazed in olive oil. It's the perfect combination of savory flavors that everyone will love. Best part? It's so easy to make it fits into even your busiest schedule!
2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup hulled raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon blood orange rind
½ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 392°F and start by making the blood-orange olive oil.
In a blender or food processor (a stick blender would work as well) process the olive oil with the blood orange juice, honey and salt.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and coat with the blood orange olive oil. Toss to distribute evenly.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the preheat oven for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to reach room temperature, and store in air-tight containers. Serve with milk, vegan milk alternatives or with Greek yogurt.
Products used in this Recipe: