Are you looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option to kickstart your day? Look no further than Mediterranean eggs! A classic favorite of Mediterranean cuisine, these flavorful eggs are sure to satisfy the taste buds. Packed full of protein and essential vitamins, this is one meal that won't leave you feeling sluggish after eating. Not only will it keep you going through the morning, but it also looks fantastic on any plate! So let's get cooking with some amazing flavors from the Mediterranean – these eggs guarantee to make your morning extra special.
4 medium sized eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup tomato puree
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Optionally Italian parsley to garnish and bread to serve.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Finely chop the onion.
Whisk together the eggs with the milk, tomato puree, flour, parmesan cheese, thyme, oregano and chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the pan, scrambling the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
If you are serving with bread, brush the slices with a little olive oil and toast in a clean pan or toaster.
- Transfer the eggs into a plate, garnish with fresh Italian parsley, and serve warm with the toasted bread.
Products used in this Recipe: