Recipe-279-Orange Honey Evoo Buns
Welcome everyone to Sweet Tooth Bakery! We are excited to introduce our newest and tastiest treat, the Orange Honey Evoo Buns. Our goal for these buns is simple - we wanted to create something that is both delicious and visually appealing. These buns promise a unique blend of flavors that you won't find anywhere else, with orange zest, honey and extra-virgin olive oil at their core. Let's dive into how they were made so you can appreciate just what went into this amazing treat!
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water, warm
1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs orange zest
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
2 cup sugar
- 4 tbs cinnamon, ground
- 4 tbs orange juice
- 1 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbs milk
For the filling
For the glaze
In a large mixing bowl combine the yeast with the warm water and honey. Let it rise for 15 minutes.
Mix the salt with the flour and orange zest and gradually add to the yeast mixture while kneading to form a soft dough.
Add the olive oil in a stream and keep kneading. Shape into a ball, cover with a tea towel and let it rise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
Make the filling:
Combine the sugar with the cinnamon and orange juice. Set aside.
- Punch down the dough and roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread the filling on top. Roll the dough. Slice into rolls.
- Pinch the bottom side of each roll closed as tightly as possible and place the rolls in a lined baking pan closely together. Let them rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Make the glaze:
Combine the sugar with the honey and milk over low heat. Whisk to dissolve the sugar and set aside.
- Spread the glaze on warm buns and serve.
Products used in this Recipe: