Are you looking for a delicious and healthy soup recipe? If so, try our three-bean soup! This nutritious meal is packed with protein and fiber, plus it's quick and easy to make. Plus, you can tailor the ingredients to your taste preferences - feel free to swap in different types of beans or try different spices. We promise your family will thank you for this hearty bowl of comfort food when dinnertime rolls around!
- 3/4 cup dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 8 oz. Romano beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 3 oz. bacon, chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bread to serve
Cook the bacon in a dry, heavy bottomed pan, add the garlic cloves, whole, (reserving two cloves) with 2 tbs olive oil and cook for 5 minutes.
Add leeks, celery, thyme, bay leaf, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lima beans, red pepper flakes, and 5-6 cups water and bring to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the Romano beans and snap peas, and cook for 20 more minutes, adding water if needed.
Remove the soup from the heat and add the crème fraiche, black pepper, and 4 tsp lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Divide the soup into bowls and drizzle with pesto. Serve hot with garlic bread and the remaining pesto alongside.