Recipe-206-Slow-Cooked Collard Greens in Olive Oil
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious side dish that utilizes low-cost ingredients and minimal effort? Look no further than slow-cooked collard greens in olive oil. This easy recipe packs a punch of flavor and comes together in no time using just five ingredients. By the end, your mouth will be watering from the aromatic combination of collards, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil! Plus – it’s vegan so all your guests can get in on this tasty meal. So let’s get cooking - let’s make vibrant, healthy sides with long-lasting flavor!
- 2 bunches collard greens, ribs and stems removed
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes, for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the greens to the pan, stirring to wilt down.
Season with salt and add enough water to cover them.
- Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes, adding water if needed, over low heat.
Remove from the heat and add the sugar and vinegar. Serve hot drizzled with olive oil.
Products used in this Recipe: