Recipe-167-Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread
Are you looking for a way to spice up your fall baking? Look no further than this delicious olive oil pumpkin bread! Using just a few simple ingredients, you can easily make this flavorful and comforting treat that's sure to satisfy everyone at your family gathering. Not only is it moist and fragrant - but with the added bonus of olive oil, it's also full of heart-healthy fats. Plus, making this delectable dessert will fill your home with inviting aromas reminiscent of the season! Read on to learn how to bake the perfect Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, homemade or can
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 orange, zest only
For the Vanilla- Cream Filling
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
Start with the bread:
In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Gradually add the eggs, honey, olive oil and pumpkin puree while you are whisking with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes, until well combined.
Make the filling:
Whisk together the yoghurt with the vanilla extract, egg, flour, honey and orange zest until soft and creamy.
- Pour half the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Add a layer of the cream mixture, reserving a few tablespoons.
- Top with the remaining batter and add a few dollops of the remaining cream filling on top. Swirl with a fork to make designs (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm at the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to reach room temperature before slicing and serving.