Strawberry Cheesecake Tart With Fresh Strawberries And Olive Oil
- For the Crust:
1/2 cup graham crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Filling:
16 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
1/3 cup flour, wholewheat
2 eggs, large
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- For the Sauce:
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
3 tablespoons water
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper at the bottom, and grease the sides with olive oil.
- 2. In a mixing bowl combine the crackers with the honey and olive oil to make a dough. Transfer into the prepared baking pan and press with your fingers to create a solid base. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set.
- 3. In the meantime, with a blender combine the cream cheese with the honey. Add the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated to the mixture.
- 4. Add the yoghurt, flour, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and fold with gentle moves until creamy and smooth. Pour into the pan above the crust.
- 5. Bake for 45 minutes until the sides are golden but still springy in the middle of the cheesecake. Let it cool for 20 minutes in the oven with the oven door open.
- 6. Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely while you make the sauce.
- 7. In a saucepan combine the strawberries with the water, lemon juice and honey. Bring to a gentle simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- 8. Remove from the heat, allow to reach room temperature and pour over the cheesecake. Slice and serve cold.