Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Soup
Are you looking for a hearty and delicious soup recipe to warm up your cold winter days? If so, then our Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Soup is just the perfect choice for you! Bursting with the rich flavors of garlic, mushrooms, and various herbs, this creamy yet lightened-up homemade take on traditional mushroom soup will instantly tantalize your taste buds. Plus, it's incredibly easy to prepare making it an ideal family meal that everyone can enjoy. So why not give it a try today?
- 1 garlic head
- 8 slices bacon, crisped in a dry frying pan
- 1 onion, small, yellow, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
3 tbs olive oil plus extra to garnish
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the top part of the bulb of garlic. Place on a piece of parchment paper, drizzle generously with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until soft and golden brown.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion with the celery for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- 5. Pour the chicken stock, cream, and half the cloves of roasted garlic to the pot.
- 6. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 7. Transfer in a food processor or use a stick blender to process the soup until smooth and creamy.
8. Serve the soup hot, topped with the chopped crisped bacon, reserved vegetables, the remaining roasted garlic cloves, parsley, and a big swirl of olive oil.