Red Lentil Soup with Pancetta and Leeks
Soup season is upon us and, whether you're looking for a quick weeknight meal or an inviting starter, this red lentil soup with pancetta and leeks has got you covered! Perfectly spiced and full of flavor, it's creamy, hearty texture is sure to make it a hit at any dinner table. Whether you're serving up your family's favorite meals or trying something new for the first time, this comforting bowl of goodness will be hard to resist. So get ready to indulge in guilt-free deliciousness with our red lentil soup recipe!
- 2/3 cup red lentils
- 6-8 strips pancetta, diced
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 1 cup corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
4 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 2tbs parsley, fresh
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the lentils for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Crisp the pancetta in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes and set aside on a paper towel.
3. Heat the olive oil in the same pan and sauté the leeks for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the corn and stir.
4. Add the broth, pancetta and the bay leaf and simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, adding water as needed.
5. Serve hot topped with parsley leaves and a swirl of olive oil.
Products used in this Recipe: