- 2 tbs prickly pear preserves
- 4 oz bourbon
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 oz ginger beer
- fresh prickly pears and thyme, for serving
4tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs brown sugar
1. Pour the olive oil in a bowl and the sugar in another, making sure the bowls are wider than the rim of the glass you're using. Dip the entire rim of the glass into the olive oil and then dip the glass upside-down into the sugar, twisting around until the rim is evenly coated. Set aside.
- 2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the prickly pear preserves, bourbon, and lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice andshake to combine.
- 3. Strain into the prepared glassesand top off with ginger beer.Garnish with fresh prickly pears and thyme.