Greek .32 Pepper Soup
Welcome to the delicious world of Greek cuisine! Today we're here to talk about a classic soup recipe, .32 pepper soup. This velvety and flavorful soup has been around for centuries, with its roots dating back over 2000 years. If you've never tried it before now is the time - this rich and comforting broth will leave your taste buds wanting more. Not only that, but it's also incredibly healthy too – packed full of peppers, garlic and other spices as well as being low-fat and vegetarian friendly. So if you're looking for an easy dinner option or just something warming on a cold winter’s night then give this traditional recipe a go – you won't be disappointed!
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 onion, red, small, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp mint, dried (thyme or oregano would also work)
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the ground beef with the onion and peppers, for 5-7 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add the rice to the saucepan and stir to absorb the flavors.
- 3. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and the stock, season with dried mint and cook for about 20 minutes adding a bit of water if needed.
- 4. Season to taste and serve hot.
Products used in this Recipe: