Eggplantson Rye Bread
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- 2 onions, red, chopped into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 6+2tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 2 tbs basil, fresh
- 3/4tspflaky salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1. Heat 6 tbs of olive oil in a pan and sauté the eggplant slices and the onions, for 5-7 minutes, seasoning with flakysalt and blackpepper.
- 2. Whisk the yogurt with 2 tbs of olive oil, limejuice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread on each slice of bread.
- 3. Top with the eggplants, onions, and cherrytomatoes and garnish with fresh basilleaves. Serve hot or at room temperature.