Eggplant Soup with Basil Pesto
- 1. Heat 5 tbs of olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the eggplants with the onions for 10 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper and paprika. Add the garlic and stir.
- 2. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes, over high heat. Add the broth and simmer 10-15 minutes, adding water if needed.
- 3. Puree the soup with a stick blender and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 4. In the meantime, make the pesto by processing the basil, olive oil, parmesan, garlic and pine nuts in a blender until creamy.
5. Serve the soup hot, topped with a generous swirl of pesto.