Recipe-92-Tomato Olive Oil Galette
Welcome everyone! We know how busy life can be and how hard it is to plan meals, let alone ones that are delicious. Today we are offering a quick and tasty solution – the Tomato Olive Oil Galette! There's nothing quite like biting into freshly-baked pastry and tasting the combination of fresh tomatoes, garlic, parsley and olive oil. Not only is this galette incredibly flavorful but it also comes together in minutes with simple ingredients you may already have at home. Perfect for a weeknight meal or inviting friends over for brunch!
2 cups plain flour
- 1 egg, large
½ cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon for the filling
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 3-5 tablespoons water, as needed
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a flat baking pan with parchment paper.
Mix the flour with the egg, olive oil, water, a pinch of salt and pepper to make a dough. It should be flaky but easy to knead. Add extra water if it’s too thick or a bit extra flour if it’s too sticky.
- Knead and let it rest while you prep the filling.
- On the prepared baking pan, shape the dough into a circle with your hands and place the tomato filling in the middle, leaving a 4 cm border around the edge. Fold the rim over the edge of the filling, overlapping the filling just a bit. You don’t have to be precise with the shape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.