Recipe-69-Chocolate Olive Oil Ice Cream
There is no better way to beat the summer heat than with a decadent scoop of ice cream! But what if you could indulge in something even more unique and flavorful? Enter Chocolate Olive Oil Ice Cream – yes, you heard that right! This balance of sweet and savory creates an unforgettable experience unlike any other. With its luscious texture and intense watermelon-inspired notes, this creamy yet refreshing treat will become your go-to favorite for those hot days ahead. So don't waste another minute - grab some ingredients, hop into the kitchen, and get ready for a truly one-of-a kind taste sensation that's sure to surprise your tastebuds!
Heat the milk with the cream in a pot, until the mix comes to a gentle simmer. Stir in the cocoa,
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until it reaches a thick consistency and a pale yellow colour.
- Gradually pour ladles of the milk mixture into the egg mixture while constantly whisking. Slowly whisk in tempered egg mixture in the pot with the remaining milk mixture.
- Keep whisking for 3-5 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Place the chocolate into a large mixing bowl and pour the cream over whisking to melt.
- Allow to cool down and fold in the almond flakes.
Gradually pour in the olive oil whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Place in an air tight container and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with the salt flakes.