Recipe-45-Pomegranate Apple Salad
A wonderful combination of fruit and mixed greens drizzled with a delightful Greek yogurt and olive oil dressing that takes this salad to the next gourmet level! This is a great salad option that will never fail to impress when the first winter pomegranates are sweet and abundant. As a side dish or served as a main light course, it’s perfect for a last-minute dish that still looks like you spent hours in the kitchen. Make your own olive oil croutons to maximize the perfection and thank us later!
3 cups mixed greens
- ½ large pomegranate
- 2 slices bread of your choice
- 1 apple
1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan flakes (or grated parmesan)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large anchovy
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
For the Salad:
For the Dressing
Dice the bread into large croutons. Heat the olive oil in a pan and toast the croutons for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice the apple.
- Roll the pomegranate on your kitchen counter to loosen the seeds. Score around the middle and tear it open into halves. Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds.
Make the dressing by processing the yogurt with the olive oil, anchovy and Worcester sauce in a blender to get a velvety smooth cream.
- Drizzle with a generous dose of the dressing and top with the croutons and parmesan flakes.