Recipe-267-Whole Wheat Greek Sesame Breadsticks
Homemade breadsticks are a wonderful appetizer and so easy to make especially when you are having over lots of people and no time to cook a three course meal. You can start with a simple basic dough, divide it into chunks and use different spices for each batch. Here we are using rosemary and sesame seeds and these breadsticks are guaranteed to steal the show. Serve them warm with a simple bowl of olive oil on the side to dip in. Sometimes the simplest things are the true flavor of life.
In a large mixing bowl dissolve the yeast in the water Stir in the honey and olive oil. Whisk in the eggs.
Mix the whole-wheat flour with the unbleached all-purpose flour and the salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the yeast mixture and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes, dusting with flour when needed to get an elastic, smooth dough that doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Add the sesame seeds and rosemary and incorporate to the dough.
- Allow to rest for 1-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut pieces of the dough and roll each piece with your hands on a floured surface to shape into breadsticks. The shape doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Place on the lined baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy outside but still soft and tender inside.
Serve warm or cold with your favorite olive oil dip.
Products used in this Recipe: