Recipe-267-Whole Wheat Greek Sesame Breadsticks
Welcome to the bakery! If you’re looking for something crunchy and flavorful, look no further. Our whole wheat Greek sesame breadsticks offer a delicious combination of texture, flavor, and nutrition. These freshly-baked breadsticks are made with whole grain flour spiced up with fragrant sesame seeds that impart both nuttiness and sweetness in every bite. Not only do they taste great, but they’re also high in fiber and protein so you can feel deliciously full after snacking on these treats. So come on over - we guarantee you won't be disappointed!
In a large mixing bowl dissolve the yeast in the water Stir in the honey and olive oil. Whisk in the eggs.
Mix the whole-wheat flour with the unbleached all-purpose flour and the salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the yeast mixture and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes, dusting with flour when needed to get an elastic, smooth dough that doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Add the sesame seeds and rosemary and incorporate to the dough.
- Allow to rest for 1-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut pieces of the dough and roll each piece with your hands on a floured surface to shape into breadsticks. The shape doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Place on the lined baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy outside but still soft and tender inside.
Serve warm or cold with your favorite olive oil dip.