Recipe-226-Chicken Brodo with Vegetables and Fried Bread
Welcome to this amazing chicken brodo recipe! Brodo is a classic Italian soup that everyone should know how to make. But why stop there? Today, I'm here to teach you how to make a delicious, warm, and comforting version of chicken brodo loaded with vegetables and fried bread. This is an easy-to-make recipe that will quickly become one of your favorite dishes, as it's packed with flavor and has just the right amount of crunch from the fried bread garnish. Plus it's super simple—all you need are some basic ingredients that can be found at almost any grocery store or supermarket! So let's get cooking (or rather... simmering) together!
- 4 lb. raw chicken bones
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 rustic bread
- 10 oz. green beans
- 4oz. button mushrooms
- 2 cups peas
- 1 tbs lemon, juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Cover the bones with water and bring to a simmer until reduced to 1/3, for about 2 hours.
- Add the shallots, garlic, prosciutto, and mushrooms and cook for 20 minutes.
- Strain the stock through a cheesecloth and discard the solids.
Heat the olive oil and fry the bread slices for 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt.
- Heat the brodo in a saucepan and add the green beans. Simmer for 5 minutes and add the mushrooms and lemon juice.
Divide the soup into serving bowls. Add the peas and slice of fried bread in each bowl. Season with pepper, drizzle with extra olive oil and serve.
Products used in this Recipe: