Recipe-11-Zucchini Balls with Herbed Olive Oil Mayo Dip
Are you looking for a delicious and fun appetizer that your guests will love? Look no further than these Zucchini Balls with Herbed Olive Oil Mayo Dip! This delectable dish combines crunchy, golden-fried zucchini balls and a creamy herbed dip. Not only is it loaded with flavor, but it's also quite simple to make - perfect for any gathering or celebration. Plus, the wonderful combination of fresh vegetables and herbs makes this recipe surprisingly healthy too. Get ready to delight your taste buds - let's get started on making some Zucchini Balls with Herbed Olive Oil Mayo Dip!
1 zucchini, large
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (plus extra if needed)
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
For the Herbed Olive Oil Mayo Dip
Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze to remove all liquids. Don’t skip that step, it’s important to remove as many liquids as possible to get the perfect texture and a dough that holds.
- Whisk the eggs and mince the garlic and finely chop the onion.
- Kneed for a couple of minutes and shape into balls. If the dough is too sticky add some more breadcrumbs.
Place on the lined baking pan and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes flipping the pan half way through to cook evenly.
In the meantime make the herbed olive oil mayo:
Place the egg yolk, lemon juice, water and mustard in a nutri -bullet or blender container. Add the olive oil, then let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Process until the mayo starts to thicken.
Fold in the herbs and garlic and season with salt.
- Serve the zucchini balls warm with the mayo.