Recipe-02-Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Soup
Cozy, healing and warming. Three words that perfectly describe this simple but flavourful roasted tomato soup. Nourishing and light, it makes a lovely lunch or dinner and you can load it with extra vegetables, grains or pasta if you need to make it heartier. This uncomplicated version, seasoned with basil is our favourite, served with a handful of homemade olive oil-garlic croutons.
Preheat the oven to 390°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Halve the tomatoes and place them on the lined baking pan, skin side down. Add the red peppers whole, poking a whole in each one with a fork or a knife. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly charred.
- In the meantime chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers trying to transfer as many of their juices from the pan into the pot.
- Stir well. Add the basil.
- Process the soup with a stick blender (a food processor or regular blender would work as well) to get a thick creamy consistency.
Serve warm drizzled with extra olive oil and croutons.
Products used in this Recipe:
- Parchment paper
- Cutting board
- Garlic press