Recipe-02-Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Soup
Do you love soup? Are you looking for a unique and flavorful one to add an extra touch of comfort to your chilly evening? Look no further! Our delicious recipe for Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Soup is sure to become a new favorite go-to meal. This warm and tasty soup is filled with all the comforting ingredients you would expect from any classic tomato soup, but taken up a notch with some delightful additions that make it stand out from the rest. From sweet tomatoes that are roasted in the oven to fragrant olive oil, this dish is brimming with flavor perfection! And thanks to its easy preparation, this simple yet sumptuous soup can be enjoyed in no time at all.
6 large, ripe tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 390°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Halve the tomatoes and place them on the lined baking pan, skin side down. Add the red peppers whole, poking a whole in each one with a fork or a knife. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly charred.
- In the meantime chop the onion and mince the garlic.
In a deep saucepan heat the remaining olive oil and sauté the onion for 5 minutes before adding the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers trying to transfer as many of their juices from the pan into the pot.
- Stir well. Add the basil.
- Process the soup with a stick blender (a food processor or regular blender would work as well) to get a thick creamy consistency.
Serve warm drizzled with extra olive oil and croutons.
Products used in this Recipe: