Recipe-260-Whole Wheat Bread
Welcome to the wonderful world of whole wheat bread! Whether you've been baking this delicious treat for years, or are new to the artistry of artisan loaves – your only limit is a full belly! Everyone has their own passion when it comes to baking and enjoying wheat-based treats. Maybe you're into crunchy crusts, or light, airy softness that melts in your mouth? Maybe you appreciate what hearty oats, chocolate chips, raisins and so many other goodies can do for your homemade dough? Whatever your pleasure, we have all the tips and tricks to help make each bite more enjoyable than the last. So join us as we explore recipes from around the world (or just across town!), learn about techniques that bring out flavors like never before - no matter if you're an experienced baker or still learning. Let's get our aprons on and knead through this adventure together!
Dissolve the yeast with the sugar in a few tablespoons of water and mix well. Pour in the olive oil and the remaining water.
Mix the flour with the salt and gradually start adding it to the yeast mixture.
- Knead for a couple of minutes and shape into a ball. Dust with a bit of flour and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Allow the bread dough to rest in a warm place until it doubles in bulk.
- Transfer into a greased and floured loaf pan, cover again and let it rest for 20 more minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm and dip in a bowl of fresh olive oil for the ultimate homemade bread experience!