Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 oz Greek yoghurt
- 1 onion, red, sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to bring out the flavors.
- Lower the heat and keep cooking for 5 minutes, until golden brown and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt with the sour cream. Fold in the onions, parsley and chives. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set and serve cold or store in an airtight jar for up to a week.
The Kasandrinos version of a French onion dip, marries the Mediterranean flair with the French finesse and the result is pure magic!