Braised Pearl Onions With Orange Juice And Balsamic Vinegar
Welcome friends, I'm sure many of you are all familiar with the comforting taste of braised onions. But have you ever tried adding a hint of sweetness and richness to them by combining braised pearl onions with orange juice and balsamic vinegar? That's exactly what we're going to do today! Braising is one of my favorite methods for cooking vegetables because it helps bring out the deep flavor that can't be achieved through any other techniques. Not only will this recipe provide a unique twist on a classic comfort dish, but it's also incredibly easy and delightfully delicious! Let's get cooking!
2 lb pearl onions
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the pearl onions for a few seconds. Strain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a deep and sauté the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the orange juice and vinegar and bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
4. Remove the onions from the skillet with a slotted spoon and boil the juices in the skillet to reduce into a thick glaze.
- 5. Return the onions to the pan for a few seconds to coat with the sauce. Serve hot.
Products used in this Recipe: