Zucchini Feta Casserole
- 4 zucchinis, large, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, hard, shredded
- 1 onion, red, medium
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease a baking dish with olive oil. Set aside.
- 2. Place the zucchini slices in a strainer and season with salt. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients to help extract any unwanted liquids.
- 3. Roughly slice the onions and heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes, then mince and add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute until fragrant and pour in the sourcream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the feta and mozzarellacheese. Stir to melt into a sauce.
- 4. Pat the zucchini slices dry with a piece of absorbent paper.
- 5. Lay the zucchini slices into the prepared baking dish. Pour in the sauce and spread evenly.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Serve hot, straight from the oven.