Tuna Chickpea Pasta Soup with Paprika Olive Oil
Ready for a warm and flavorful soup to serve up on cool nights? Our Tuna Chickpea Pasta Soup with Paprika Olive Oil is sure to be an exciting addition to your recipe repertoire! Bursting with non-fishy tuna flavor, this delicious soup features tender chickpeas and al dente pasta in a lightly spiced tomato broth. Topped off with our special paprika olive oil, it's the perfect meal that everyone at the table will enjoy — both healthy eaters and picky palates alike.
- 3/4 cup tuna, canned
- 7 oz tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, canned
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion, medium, red, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp chili flakes
For the Paprika Olive Oil:
1. Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan and sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few more seconds to combine the flavors.
- 2. Add the tuna and chickpeas to the sauce pan. Pour in the broth, tomatosauce and pasta. Bring to a gentle simmer until the pasta is cooked through, adding more broth or water if needed.
3. In the meantime, make the paprika oil: Mix the olive oil with the paprika and chili flakes and heat over very low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Serve the soup hot, drizzled with a generous dose of the paprika olive oil on each bowl.
Products used in this Recipe: