Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew
Welcome to the delicious world of Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew! If you’re looking for a cozy and flavorful dinner, look no further. This easy-to-make stew is full of hearty ingredients that are sure to satisfy your taste buds. With an array of spices and seasonal vegetables like sweet potatoes, chickpeas and bell peppers, this dish is packed with flavor. Plus, it's budget friendly and can be prepared in almost no time at all - so you can whip it up after a long day at work or when entertaining guests on the weekend. Get ready to enjoy a bowlful of comfort food perfection – let’s get cooking!
2 sweet potatoes, large, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cupschickpeas canned
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 onion, yellow, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
6 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp curry
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- sage leaves and cream to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the onion and cook for a minute. Add the honey and stir to glaze.
- 2. Add the corn and garlic stir to lightly caramelize, add the curry, and simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, adding water as needed. Season to taste.
- 3. Serve hot garnished with sage leaves and a swirl of cream.
Products used in this Recipe: