Sunflower Seed Beef Risotto
- 7 oz minced lamb
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 onion, white, medium, chopped
- 1 carrot, medium, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tbs grated parmesan
- 3 tbs olive oil plusextra to garnish
- 1⁄2tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- optional: thyme sprigs to garnish
- 1. Cover the sunflower seeds with salted water and bringto a boil. Cook for 30 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- 2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the carrots, lamb andonions for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the garlicand cook for another minute until fragrant.
- 3. Drain the sunflowerseeds, return the pan, add the wine and simmer. Add the broth one ladle at a time, then add cream and parmesan and stir to melt into a thick sauce.
- 4. Divide the sunflowerseed risotto into bowls, top with the lamb and carrots, and serve hot, garnished with thyme and a swirl of olive oil.