Roasted Tomato Chipotle Soup
Are you looking for a simple and delicious soup to warm up your belly? Then you have come to the right place! Our Roasted Tomato Chipotle Soup is full of vibrant, smoky flavors that will leave your taste buds asking for more. This thick and creamy classic is sure to become an instant favorite at any dinner table — not only because it's delicious, but also because it's so easy to make. So grab your ingredients, preheat the oven, and let's get started!
- 3 oz tomatoes, ripe, chopped
- 1 onion, red, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bell pepper, red, chopped
4 tbs olive oil
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo,chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat the bottom of a baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Arrange the tomatoes and red bell pepper cut side down on the sheet. Place the garlic cloves with the skin on and onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 40 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the oven and discard the garlic and pepper skin.
4. Transfer the roasted tomatoes, onions, garlic, roasted peppers, and chipotle into a food processor or blender. Add any of the tomato liquid that may be left in the baking pan, and process until smooth.
- 5. Transfer in a saucepan, add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Season to taste and serve hot with bread.
Products used in this Recipe: