Roasted Peppers With Chipotle Honey Dressing
Welcome to the wonderful world of roasted peppers! If you're looking for an easy but delicious way to spice up your meals, then look no further than these vibrant and flavourful beauties. Roasting peppers is a great way to bring out their sweetness, while adding in a touch of smoky chipotle honey dressing brings added depth, complexity and punch that'll send your taste buds into overdrive. From sandwiches and tacos to pasta salads or even omelettes, add some roasted peppers with chipotle honey dressing into your next dish and be prepared for something truly special!
6-8 large green peppers
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo
2 tbs honey
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
black pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 1. Preheat the oven's grill to the highest temperature.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- 3. Halve the peppers and arrange on the baking sheet cut-side down.
- 4. Roast for 30-35 mins until the skin is shriveled and lightly blistered.
5. In the meantime, make the dressing: In a blender combine the olive oil with the limejuice, chipotle, honey, garlic, cumin, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Pulse until combined and season to taste.
- 6. Chop the peppers and mix with the dressing in a mixing bowl. Toss to coat evenly and serve warm.
Products used in this Recipe: