Red Lentil And Chards Stew
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion, red, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika, mild
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Heat theolive oilin a saucepan and sauté the onions with the chards for 5 minutes seasoning with salt, pepper, paprika and cumin.
- 2. Add the garlic and stir. Add the lentils, mix well and gradually add the tomatosauce and the coconutmilk. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are cooked through adding a bit of water if needed.
- 3. Adjust the seasoning and serve hot with bread.