Mushroom Chowder with Corn and Red Lentils
Are you looking for a cozy and comforting meal that is packed with flavor? Then get ready to whip up this delicious Mushroom Chowder with Corn and Red Lentils! This hearty chowder has the perfect blend of earthy mushrooms, sweet corn, plus protein-laced red lentils. And it's so easy to make - just a few basic ingredients in one pot create an unmatched warmth that will have everyone asking for seconds. So grab your shopping list and let's get cooking!
- 4 cups button mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1avocado, ripe
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
6 tbs olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the lentils for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt, paprika and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the corn and lentils and stir.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, honey and the tomatopaste and simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, adding water as needed.
4. Serve hot with avocado chunks and a swirl of olive oil.
Products used in this Recipe: