Crepes With Arugula-Walnut Pesto
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the pesto
2 cups arugula
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup walnuts
1 clove garlic
1/2 cupolive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the milk and flour. Add a pinch of salt.
- 2. Heat one tsp of olive oil in a pan and pour a good dollop of the crepe batter, tilting the pan with a circular motion to coat the surface with the batter evenly.
- 3. Cook the crepes for about a minute on each side.
- 4. In the meantime, make the pesto: In a blender, process the arugula with the olive oil, parmesan, garlic and walnuts.
- 5. Season to taste and spread a couple of pesto tablespoons in each crepe. Fold or wrap and serve hot.