Almond Flour Honey Olive Oil Cake
- 4 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a cake pan with olive oil.
- 2. In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy.
3. Add the honey, olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice and zest and keep mixing for another minute.
4. In another mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- 5. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and blend to get a smooth batter.
- 6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 7. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- 8. Optionally, brush the top of the cake with a few drops of olive oil and serve at room temperature.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Olive oil, honey and Greek yoghurt. The ultimate elements of success.