Recipe-95-Chicken Stew and Mashed Potatoes with Olive Oil
If you’re in the mood for comfort food with a healthy twist, then this recipe for chicken stew and mashed potatoes with olive oil will be right up your street! We all deserve to treat ourselves every now and then, but that doesn’t mean we have to give up on eating healthily. With just a few simple ingredients combined together into one tantalizing meal, you can enjoy the taste of something truly delicious while still keeping an eye on what goes into your body. Plus it cooks quickly so you can get from prep to plate in no time at all – perfect for days when you don't have much time or energy!
300g chicken breast
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400ml chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika, mild
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup milk
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the stew:
For the mashed potatoes
Optionally to garnish
Bring a pot of slightly salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes with the peel on.
- In the meantime, chop the chicken, slice the carrots and the onions and mince the garlic.
- Pour in the stock and let it simmer and reduced to a thick sauce, adding a little water if needed.
- In the meantime, drain the potatoes and remove 50% of the skin.
- Serve the stew hot with a side of mashed potatoes. Optionally garnish with fresh parsley leaves and capers.