Recipe-85-Stuffed Zucchini with Olive Oil Herb Sauce
Summertime is bursting with fresh produce like zucchinis and aromatic herbs like dill, parsley and thyme! We grabbed the opportunity to cook up another Greek-inspired recipe for you. These stuffed zucchinis are filled with minced meat, and dressed up with a quick, spicy olive oil sauce infused with fresh herbs.
2 zucchinis, large
- 1 cup minced beef
- 1 onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried or fresh
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon salt
For the Olive Oil Herb Sauce
Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Discard the flesh or keep to add to smoothies, sauces or soups.
- Place the zucchinis on the lined baking pan and set aside.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in to the zucchinis.
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping the pan half way through, until the zucchinis are cooked.
In the meantime make the sauce by whisking the extra virgin olive oil with the herbs and spices.
- Drizzle over the cooked zucchinis and serve hot.