Recipe-85-Stuffed Zucchini with Olive Oil Herb Sauce
Are you looking for a fresh and delicious dinner recipe that's full of flavor? Look no further than our stuffed zucchini with olive oil herb sauce! This amazing meal is made with tender, flavorful zucchini filled to the brim with savory Italian sausage. And thanks to the creamy sauce featuring herbs like thyme and oregano, it will have your taste buds singing. Plus, each bite is sure to fill you up just as much as it does your plate— so don't be surprised if everyone in your family ends up asking for seconds! Try this simple but creative dish tonight and see why it's quickly becoming one of our most beloved recipes!
2 zucchinis, large
- 1 cup minced beef
- 1 onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried or fresh
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon salt
For the Olive Oil Herb Sauce
Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Discard the flesh or keep to add to smoothies, sauces or soups.
- Place the zucchinis on the lined baking pan and set aside.
Finely chop the onion and heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the minced beef with the onion, seasoning with thyme, salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in to the zucchinis.
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping the pan half way through, until the zucchinis are cooked.
In the meantime make the sauce by whisking the extra virgin olive oil with the herbs and spices.
- Drizzle over the cooked zucchinis and serve hot.
Products used in this Recipe: