Recipe-48-Mother's Day Pancakes with Olive Oil
Are you looking for a delicious and unique way to show Mom how much you care this Mother's Day? Look no further than these savory pancakes made with olive oil! It's always fun to make breakfast in bed for your loved ones, and this special treat will be sure to put a smile on Mom's face. Plus, it uses one of the healthiest fats available, so she'll know you're taking extra good care of her too. So get ready to start flipping—it’s time for some Olive Oil Pancakes!
1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 eggs
- ½ cup red currants
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for the pan
2 tablespoons Greek honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup mixed dry fruit
- 1 cup fresh fruit, chopped
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk with the eggs, vanilla extract and olive oil.
In another bowl combine the flour with the baking powder, soda, salt and sugar.
- Gradually add to the wet ingredients while whisking gently to incorporate into a smooth batter.
- Fold in the red currants.
- Add a few drops of extra milk if the consistency is too thick.
Coat a non-stick pan with a few drops of olive oil and heat over medium to high temperature. Pour dollops of the batter to form pancakes. When the top starts to bubble flip over and cook until golden brown on both sides. Continue until you run out of batter.
- Serve warm, with your choice of toppings.