Recipe-362-Alevropita - Greek Olive Oil Feta Pie
Delight your taste buds with the flavors of Greece! Alevropita is a traditional Greek olive oil feta pie that will have you licking your fingers and wanting more. This delectable dish has a flaky pastry base covered in aromatic herbs, salty feta cheese, and then smothered in a tasty olive oil sauce to give it its unique flavor. One bite of this mouth-watering masterpiece will surely transport you straight to the beautiful beaches of Greece! So don't miss out on this amazing treat and treat yourself to some delicious Alevropita today!
1 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 170g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 390˚F and grease a 35-40 cm pan with a little olive oil.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Add the one egg and the milk, whisking to form a thick batter.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes, until hot and sizzling.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the hot pan and spread evenly.
- Top with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Mix the remaining egg and water into the remaining batter.
- Pour evenly on top of the feta.
Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, rotating halfway through. Slice into squares and serve warm.
Products used in this Recipe: