Recipe-265-New Year's Vanilla EVOO Cake
As the clock tolls in the New Year, it's time to bring in something new—something sweet! Start your year off with a delicious and decadent Vanilla EVOO Cake. This simple yet scrumptious vanilla cake is made even better by using fruity extra virgin olive oil instead of butter or vegetable oil for an added layer of flavor. Not only will this showstopper dazzle your palate, but it's also sure to be a hit at any gathering. So let’s get baking – here are all the tips you need to make our amazing New Year’s Vanilla EVOO Cake come alive!
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups vanilla frosting
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line three 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl combine the sugar with the olive oil.
- Add the vanilla and milk to the sugar mixture and gradually add the eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Divide batter into prepared cake pans and bake until edges are golden, for about 20 min and allow to reach room temperature.
- Frost with the vanilla frosting and decorate with seasonal fruit or edible flowers.
Products used in this Recipe: